What’s for dinner? The answer to the dreaded question when you’re busy and out of ideas -chicken, an easy recipe that is guaranteed to get you out of the dinner time rut and start your creative juices flowing. Well this recipe is just the thing to add interest back into your dinnertime. This Chicken Breasts Glazed with Hot Pepper Jelly recipe can be on the table in under 30 minutes, even less if you pound the breasts for quicker cooking and tenderness.
This is a different presentation of chicken, an easy recipe. You can use a pepper jelly that is mild or extremely hot, according to your taste. The sweet and spicy flavors of the jelly and mustard compliment the chicken breast, and the celery adds a visual and textural interest. This recipe serves 2, but you can increase the amounts to serve more easily.
Chicken Breasts Glazed with Hot Pepper Jelly Sauce
2 Tablespoons hot-pepper jelly
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 chicken breast, halved, boneless and skinless
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2 medium celery ribs, cut into matchsticks
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon coarsely chopped celery leaves
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness.
- Combine the pepper jelly and the mustard, set aside
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook, turning once, until they are browned, approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Pour off most of the fat. Add 1 tablespoon of water and stir to loosen the browned bits on the bottom.
- Push the chicken to one side, add the celery matchsticks and cook stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the jelly mixture and the lemon juice and shake to coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Cook until the sauce is reduced to a glaze, about 20-40 seconds.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate or platter. Spoon the matchsticks on top and garnish with the chopped celery leaves.
- Serve immediately. Serves 2.